With so many tragedies occurring all over the world through wars, terrorist
attacks, natural disasters, etc., Sri Bhagavan was asked, "Nobody in this world is free from suffering. To be
free of suffering, what should be done?" His answer is below in his "Seven Truths."
Sri Bhagavan's 7 Truths
Bhagavan answered, "That's very simple. Please follow the seven truths to be free from suffering...
- Everything comes from a single Source. It could be God or energy. There is no beginning and end to
- If you identify this Source, you'll not differentiate between good, bad, right or wrong. All these
things are our views. Everything came from One Source.
- Life is nothing but your search for self. In your life, things that happen to you, people you see,
everything reflects yourself. If you are suffering from poverty, it means there is something wrong with
yourself. You have to correct this to get out of poverty. If you have hatred, then whomever you see
will exhibit the same quality. If you have evil thoughts, people you meet will also have evil
thoughts. Try to understand yourself first.
- Realize that anything that you experience in this life is by God's grace. Supposing you slip while
walking, try to realize that is God's grace too. If you see God in everything, your life will become
- Realize that anything you experience in this life is just a "test" for you by God. It is not a bad
experience. If it were considered as a bad experience, then it would mean that God is not
compassionate. If you experience a problem, consider it an opportunity for you to face it and come out of
it. You've been given people, wealth and confidence to face challenges. If you understand this,
your confidence will improve. To test your confidence, God gave you a test.
- If you realize that anything you experience is a test for you by God, then you'll be able to think deep
about the problem, and handle it in a better way. You'll understand its result. Then you'll have no
- If you understand the above six truths, then there will be an enormous transformation in your body.
From then on, you'll not only have compassion, but you'll become that compassion. If you follow this,
your relationships would improve. You'll have no fear or sorrow, you'll have only joy. Don't try to
analyze this logically.
If you follow these truths for even twenty-one days, you'll be joyful. The problem with us is, we spread
just the sorrow and sufferings. That's why the earth is dying. After you experience joy and happiness,
you'll be able to spread only joy and happiness to others.
You might also find this article
helpful: Healing the Pain of Loss
back to the Articles Directory
back to the top